We are looking for an enthusiastic community engagement and volunteer co-ordinator to support the continued success of the Sparkbrook Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub one of two Hubs ISE has developed www.i-se.co.uk
iSE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Community Engagement and Volunteer Co-ordinator
Location: Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub, 249A Ladypool Road, Sparkbrook, Birmingham B12 8LF
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00 (flexible working required)
Term: Fixed term 6 months 1st August 2020 – 31st January 2021 [with the potential to be extended]
Holidays: 22 days per annum (Pro Rata) plus bank holidays
Salary: £25,000 pro rata 4 days per week
Application deadline: Sunday 9th August at 23:00.
Interviews: Week commencing 10th August.
Contact: Mariam.Yate@i-se.co.uk for an application form.
We are looking for an enthusiastic community engagement and volunteer co-ordinator to support the continued success of the Sparkbrook Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub one of two Hubs ISE has developed www.i-se.co.uk. Following a massive refurbishment, this Hub offers inspiring office units, co-working space, a place to meet, access to learning, support to develop women led businesses and a range of community activities. This is a local facility for women led businesses and local women and together with our partners we provide services to local people.
We are looking for someone who has experience of recruiting, training and supporting a diverse range of volunteers who will give their time to help local women and their families who have been impacted by COVID19. We want someone with good communication and interpersonal skills, who is well organised, is keen to work in a team and has excellent project administration and delivery skills. ISE is constantly seeking new and innovative ways of working with the local community, the role will develop and promote the volunteer offer, helping existing supporters feel valued and supported, and will create new approaches to inspire and motivate people to become involved. At the same time, the role will ensure that our Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub engages with as wide an audience as possible, enthusing people about our work [particularly community engagement], encouraging more people to get involved, and using these opportunities to help build skills and capacity.
This new role will support and develop all aspects of our community outreach and volunteering programme and help deliver Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub project, funded by National Lottery Community Fund and Heart of England Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities specific to the post
The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
1] Develop and grow an exemplary volunteering offer for the Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub and our two projects, including providing diverse opportunities to improve the experience for existing volunteers, whilst broadening the appeal and encouraging wider involvement.
2] Identify, develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders (both internally and externally), members of the community and local groups, developing new areas for partnerships and joint working and inspiring new audiences to become involved with our Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub.
3] Develop and manage strategies and systems to support the volunteering and engagement role, including creating databases, guidance, health and safety, safeguarding and carrying out high quality marketing and communication.
4] Coach, mentor and support others (including colleagues) in developing skills to ensure our Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub provides a supportive environment to deliver high quality engagement and volunteering opportunities, sharing knowledge and experience to build capacity.
5] Develop opportunities for skills development, access to training and employment including self-employment in association with key partners.
6] Research and analyse trends in volunteering and engagement, to innovate and pilot new ideas, and undertake evaluation to ensure continual improvement.
7] Establish effective systems to identify and manage the risks associated with volunteering and engagement activities and ensure that these processes are followed to comply with the relevant national legislation and guidance, and internal policies.
8] Lead on, or support, the development of projects and plans, in close association with partners where possible, and contribute to their financial monitoring and delivery as required.
9] Actively promote The Women’s Enterprise Hub and ISE, and reflect the passion and commitment required to work in a value’s based organisation that is striving to be the best in all we do.
1] At all times to work in such a way as to promote Equal Opportunities.
2] All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to iSE’s policies included in the staff handbook.
3] Duties which include processing of any personal data must be undertaken within iSE’s data protection guidelines
4] To attend internal meetings as required, and in general to contribute to and otherwise support iSE events, activities and publication
5] To undertake other necessary, reasonable duties and appropriate tasks as requested by the posts line manager
Team duties and responsibilities
1] To support the staff team and contribute to the organisation’s development, through team meetings, team activities and supporting contract delivery where appropriate
2] To support the development of new and improved working and systems as appropriate to the needs of the business
3] To work flexibly as required, occasional evening or weekends may be required
1. To keep up to date with developments in social media and topics relevant to the social business, community development and women’s enterprise sector
2. To attend training, seminars and conferences as advised by Line Manager
Accountable to the WECH Centre Manager
Some duties must be undertaken on site whilst others will be undertaken elsewhere. All duties to be carried out in line with Covid-19 guidelines and to utilise digital tools as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN EMPLOYMENT POLICY STATEMENT
iSE will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age (up to 65).
What we expect of the post holder:
- • To work as part of the iSE team to achieve our organisational goals
- • Adhere to iSE’s principles and values
- • Maintain and develop your own effectiveness within iSE, including taking responsibility for your health and general welfare in your own professional development as it relates to iSE’s mission
- • Be prepared to adapt to the changing environment that iSE, as a developing organisation, may experience
- • Bring to iSE’s attention issues of concern that could affect its ability to achieve its objectives, including its support of you in your own role
- • Support colleagues within the team and the organisation
- • iSE is a small dynamic organisation. As such job descriptions may change over time. It is anticipated that staff will be supported in coping with changing job descriptions where appropriate through, for example, the provision of suitable training.
This job description will be reviewed and updated at intervals when necessary in consultation with the post-holder.
|Person Specification Criteria||Essential|
|Knowledge & understanding|
• Understanding of community working in diverse communities • A sound understanding of volunteering principles, trends and practice. • A good understanding of partnership working and community engagement and participation. • Knowledge of Health and safety requirements and experience of producing risk assessments for day to day operations.
|Skills & Abilities|
• Excellent people skills creating a warm welcome in our Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub and enabling strong relationships both internally and externally • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to engage confidently with diverse groups of people • Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team • Attention to detail • Fully computer literate – able to confidently use a range of Microsoft Office packages • The ability to deliver high quality work and prioritise conflicting demands • Have inspiring leadership skills, including coaching, motivation and communication.
• Proven track record of leading, innovating and developing volunteering and engagement offers and programmes. • Experience in people management, including coaching, motivation and communication. • Experience of planning and delivering inspirational training activities • Experience of education work, including training and development • Minimum of level 3 or above qualifications or equivalent level of vocational experience
• A ‘can do’, solutions focussed attitude to the work environment • Evidence of continuing professional development and personal skills development • Ability to undertake any other duties to support the operations of the organisation as and when required. • Ability to work evenings and weekends as required • Commitment to delivering the highest quality customer service standards
• Multilingual • Experience of working with women facing challenges such as DV, Debt, mental health • Commitment to achieving value for money, spending wisely and to agreed sustainability standards