We are looking for an enthusiastic project support officer to support the continued success of the Sparkbrook Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub, one of two Hubs managed by ISE www.i-se.co.uk
iSE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Project Support Officer
Location: Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub, 249A Ladypool Road, Sparkbrook, Birmingham B12 8LF
Hours of Work: Part time 20 hours per week [flexible working]
Term: 6 months fixed term – 1st August 2020 – 31st January 2021 [with the potential to be extended]
Holidays: 22 days per annum (pro rata)
Salary: £18,525 pro rata [£9.50 per hour]
Application deadline: Sunday 9th August at 23:00.
Interviews: Week commencing 10th August.
Contact: Mariam.Yate@i-se.co.uk for an application form.
We are looking for an enthusiastic project support officer to support the continued success of the Sparkbrook Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub, one of two Hubs managed by ISE www.i-se.co.uk . Following a massive refurbishment, this Hub offers inspiring office units, co-working space, a place to meet, access learning, support to develop women led businesses and a range of community activities. The Women’s Enterprise Hub is a local facility for women led businesses and local women and we offer high quality spaces for organisations that provide services to local people.
The Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub has recently grown its services to local people and especially for women. We are looking for someone who will work with the Hub manager and our project delivery teams to provide excellent project support to enable us to maximise our new project funding. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, has experience of customer care, is enthusiastic and helpful and who has a passion for supporting local women to reach their potential. We are looking for exceptionally strong administration skills including reporting and monitoring and can comfortably use an array of communication platforms including social media.
To provide a project support function for the Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub that includes supporting staff, supporting training/enterprise delivery and recruitment, liaising with volunteers, and support the delivery team to maintain good relationships with partners and key stakeholders. To undertake project communication using all platforms [including social media], maintaining client records, maintaining databases and project records and information. This role will provide a strong administration and co-ordination function to support the smooth running of the Hub and close working with the Digbeth Hub. Also, this role will provide project support for reporting on activity, raise awareness of the projects and engage with all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities specific to the post
1] To work closely with the project management team to assist in the development and delivery of projects at the Women’s Enterprise Hub.
2] To assist in planning, promotion and delivery training courses, programmes of activity and workshops, and undertake all necessary administration, monitoring and evaluation.
2] To work as part of the team to provide ‘the first point of contact’ for clients, external partners, service users and visitors to the WEH both face-to-face, over email and by telephone.
3] To effectively maintain databases, records and attendance information in line with legislation and for project monitoring and planning.
4] To provide administrative support for all projects delivered by the Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub.
5] To provide high level logistical support for both internal and external meetings ensuring pre and post meeting actions take place.
6] To work with the team to ensure that all relevant information is available for funding reports
7] To work with project teams to provide effective project communications internally and externally and support marketing activities for the projects and for the Hub itself.
8] To engage in an effective way with local women and to support them to feel confident at the Women’s Enterprise and Community Hub.
9] To work with the team to maintain the high quality working environment at the Hub and ensure its future growth as a community and enterprise place.
10] To work flexibly as required.
1. At all times to work in such a way as to promote Equal Opportunities.
2. All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to iSE’s policies as outlined in our staff handbook which include Health and Safety.
3. Duties which include processing of any personal data must be undertaken within iSE’s data protection guidelines
4. To attend internal meetings as required, and in general to contribute to and otherwise support iSE events, activities and publication
5. To undertake other necessary, reasonable duties and appropriate tasks as requested by the posts line manager
Team duties and responsibilities
1. To support the staff team and contribute to the organisation’s development, through team meetings, team activities and supporting contract delivery where appropriate
2. To support the development of new and improved working and systems as appropriate to the needs of the business
3. To work flexibly as required, occasional evening or weekends may be required
1. To keep up to date with developments in social media and topics relevant to the social business and women’s enterprise sector
2. To attend training, seminars and conferences as advised by Line Manager
Accountable to the WECH Centre Manager and CEO at iSE
Some duties must be undertaken on site whilst others will be undertaken elsewhere.
All duties to be carried out in line with Covid-19 guidelines and to utilise digital tools as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN EMPLOYMENT POLICY STATEMENT
iSE will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age (up to 65).
What we expect of the post holder:
- • To work as part of the iSE team to achieve our organisational goals
- • Adhere to iSE’s principles and values
- • Maintain and develop your own effectiveness within iSE, including taking responsibility for your health and general welfare in your own professional development as it relates to iSE’s mission
- • Be prepared to adapt to the changing environment that iSE, as a developing organisation, may experience
- • Bring to iSE’s attention issues of concern that could affect its ability to achieve its objectives, including its support of you in your own role
- • Support colleagues within the team and the organisation
- • iSE is a small dynamic organisation. As such job descriptions may change over time. It is anticipated that staff will be supported in coping with changing job descriptions where appropriate through, for example, the provision of suitable training.
|Person Specification Criteria||Essential|
|Knowledge & understanding|
• Experience of working with the general public and customer care • Using digital tools to maintain and update records • Using social media tools to support marketing and communications •
|Skills & Abilities|
• Excellent customer service skills throughout all forms of communication • Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team • Attention to detail • Fully computer literate – able to confidently use a range of Microsoft Office packages • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • The ability to deliver high quality work and prioritise conflicting demands