Paid Event Invigilators are required for ‘Acoustic Reflections’ concerts and workshop on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th September.
The event is free – but each person (except babies in arms) must have a ticket for Covid safety reasons, which must be monitored and checked. We have left 5 spaces available per concert/ workshop for drop in, but they must fill in a sign in sheet which we will provide. We have a maximum of 35 people per performance / workshop.
Concert and workshop timings:
Thursday 9th Sept – 7.30 – 9pm (concert)
Friday 10th Sept – 6-6.45pm (workshop)
Friday 10th Sept – 7.30pm – 9pm (concert)
Job Title: Event Invigilator
Employer: Moseley Road Baths CIO
Reporting to: Emily Butler (project coordinator)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Date: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th Sept
Times: Thursday – 6.30pm – 10pm, Friday – 5pm – 10pm
Purpose of Job:
Event Invigilators primary role is to ensure the safety and security of the event’s space and to create a welcoming atmosphere for its visitors.The Invigilator, therefore, must balance the safety needs of visitors and volunteers while maintaining professional customer service. They will act as on-site contact between the events space and Moseley Road Baths CIO operational managers and be responsible for all aspects of health and safety within the exhibition space.
The role is based at Moseley Road Baths.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- On the day invigilation of the event during hours given.
- Monitoring the overall security and applying health and safety restrictions (predominately making sure people stay 1 metre apart) of the event, including environmental conditions and reporting issues to the Duty Manager and Emily Butler.
- Managing admission and welcoming visitors to the event.
- Being familiar with the Health and Safety procedures of the event and applying them.
- Being familiar with the evacuation procedures and being able to implement them in case of an emergency, assisting visitors and colleagues
- Communicating with the visiting public
- Monitoring visitor numbers – checking tickets and that no more than 35 people are let through.
- Gathering evaluation data (feedback)
- Ensuring and maintaining the tidy and orderly appearance of the Gala Pool at all times and cleaning the exhibition space in between each session to ensure that we are Covid-safe.
- Gaining knowledge about the event by attending the briefing on the day – turning up on time.
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude and being an advocate for Moseley Road Baths CIO and its services.
- Fulfilling any other duties in connection with the invigilation of the event, as they arise and are deemed appropriate by Moseley Road Baths CIO.
- Diligent and security conscious
- Numerate and literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping
- Ability to prioritise
- A responsible individual with a commitment to their work
- Friendly, reliable, smart and trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in Moseley Road Baths and it’s past, present and future.
Please send a C.V. with short application statement outlining your suitability for the role and why you would like to work on the project (no more than one side of A4), and which shift you would prefer/ if you are available for both shifts.
Please note there is no application form for this role.
The closing date will be Tuesday 31st at 12pm. If you have not heard from us by 9th September, you should assume that you have not been short-listed for the role.
Lastly but not leastly: this is going to be a really fun event and if you have any questions about it please just get in contact.