The Muath Trust have two courses taking place online next week.
Diabetes Awareness, on Tuesday 13th July 2021, 10.30am – 1.30pm, Via Zoom
- Provide an understanding of what diabetes is and its prevalence in the UK
- Know the cause of diabetes, the symptoms and how it is diagnosed
- Understand how diabetes is treated and how it can be prevented
- Understand the importance of supporting people with a diabetes
- Implement diabetes awareness measures in the workplace.
Awareness of Dementia, on Thursday 15th July 2021, 3.00pm – 6.00pm, Via Zoom
- How to recognise signs and symptoms of the more common forms of dementia and how they impact the individual.
- Different models of dementia, both medical and social.
- Examine the way in which dementia impacts the everyday life of individuals, who have dementia and the potential impact on them of others people’s behaviour and attitudes towards them.
Please ensure you meet all the following eligibility criteria’s:
- Be over 18 Years old
- Be a UK/EU citizen for 3 years and over
- Living in Birmingham
- Working for a Small to Medium sized organisation (250 employees)
- Also eligible, if someone works part time 2 hours per week or is registered as self-employed)
- If unemployed, be actively looking for work