Let us help you talk to your child about knife crime now
Did you know?
- Just 30 seconds can change a life.
- Knife crime in the West Midlands isn’t a gang issue.
- If you carry a knife, you’re 51 per cent more likely to have it used against you.
Last summer the West Midlands Police Chief Constable and the Police and Crime Commissioner pledged that officers would have conversation with every child about knife crime.
A year on and we are still dedicated to that pledge and talking to your children, but we would like you to back us in having that conversation at home too.
We want to help you do that…
- Watch our short video of local parent’s Mark and Beverly Brindley whose son James was stabbed by a teenager, giving simple tips on having that conversation.
- Explore our new #LifeorKnife site, which is full of helpful tips and information for both you and your child.Look at our simple 10 step image on how to have a conversation with your child.
- Remember you can talk to us on our webchat us or report anonymously through CrimeStoppers.
Together we can all tackle knife crime and keep our children safe over the holidays.
Message Sent By
Poppy Merrick (Police, PCSO,Birmingham East, Hall Green, Sparkhill)