Heathland Festival Storybook Launch
Saturday 8th December / 2 – 3.30pm / Balsall Heath Library
Please join us to celebrate the launch of the Heathland Festival Storybook
EVERYONE WELCOME – DRUMMING – COLOURING-IN
– POSTERS – REFRESHMENTS
Buy the 64-page, full colour, A4 storybook for the bargain price of £3 (just in time for Christmas presents.) Grab your self a piece of unique, hyper-local literature while you can!
Co-produced with festival participants, the storybook features:
• ‘Heathlands’ – new children’s writing by Catherine O’Flynn
• Two new commissioned pieces of writing by Elisabeth Charis set in Small Heath (with the Bangladeshi Women’s Association)
• Stories illustrated by festival participants using materials gathered from the ‘Heathland’ (River Rea Clay, chips..)
• Short Story Competition Winner
• Children’s drawings & pictures – loads of them!
• Photos from the festival workshops – ‘Heathoglyphics’, The Great Big Butter Battle, Trainer making from recycled materials, Mask Making: The Recycled Cosmology of the Drogon Tribe of Druids Heath, Placards & Protest
• Games & Puzzles
The Heathland Festival was an enormous success – over 1700 children & adults too part in the festival, many of whom contributed towards this final storybook. To view documentation of the wider festival, please click here.