A COMMUNITY TEXTILES SPACE
I was looking for a sewing class but nothing too formal. Daily Thread is great because everyone is really friendly and they have varied knowledge about different techniques. Alex, Daily Thread participant.
I’m usually tired and worn out from work when I arrive, but textile night never fails to be life-giving. I always leave refreshed and thankful I came. Karen, Daily Thread participant.
FOR EXPERIENCED TEXTILERS, BEGINNERS AND EVERYONE IN BETWEEN.
- Would you like to craft and create alongside others?
- Do you hoard textile scraps for a project you might do one day? Would you prefer to share these with others to ensure they get used? Or maybe you hate to throw things away but don’t have the space to store them?
- Join us for a good natter while you knit, embroider, design or crochet with like-minded people.
- Would you like to learn how to weave on a loom?
- Do you attend a textiles class, and would like to carry on meeting after it has finished? Bring your whole class along!
- Maybe you have a backlog of mending or alterations that you never get around to doing, either because you are busy, or because you don’t feel confident about doing them.
Come and share ideas with others, get or give advice and help, create communal art pieces.
We have a large quantity of fabrics and yarn – please do add to these if you have fabric or yarn (or any other textiles, patterns, instruction or ideas books or equipment) you no longer need. We want to inspire people to reuse and create. We have a collection point for these items at our stall at Moseley Farmers’ Market every month.