The Women’s Enterprise Community Hub based on the Ladypool Road are seeking Community Outreach Volunteers.
Community Outreach Volunteers
Location: B12, Birmingham
Contract type: Temporary/ Interim
Contact Email: Maariyah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Outreach Volunteer Description
This role involves supporting the WECH (women’s enterprise community hub) to deliver support services in B12 and local surrounding areas to improve access to mental health services, debt management and facilitate community engagement.
The Women & Enterprise hub helps women to become economically independent by gaining skills, knowledge and experience to change their lives through the development of women-led businesses. We do this through providing business support, meeting and enterprise space and a diverse programme of events especially for women in business.
- Birmingham based (ideally in the B12 area)
- Women over the age of 18
What we expect
- Be respectful to other team members and service users
- Attend and complete relevant training
- Participate in supervision sessions
- To be consistent and punctual at events when necessary
What we offer
- Regular Supervision
- Access to free training
- References provided for future employment
- Making a difference to your community
- Gaining transferable skills
- Meeting new people
- Gaining confidence in your own abilities
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the women’s enterprise hub on a local level by working to raise awareness in the community of the difference services offered.
- Assist the organisation with any events
- Explore innovative solutions to improve engagement between the service, the local community, and potential supporters.
- Receptionist duties if necessary, depending on business demand.
- Support with our food bank service.
- Creating flyers for the services and writing blogs if necessary.
- Community outreach work