Wear & Share is a project helping Birmingham individuals and families, who are struggling to obtain essential items, such as clothing, during the lockdown.
The clothes are being collected by the Aston Villa Foundation from grassroots organisations across Birmingham and distributed by #BrumTogether and the Foundation (along with a team of amazing charities and volunteers). We are working to support families in what is a particularly difficult time for many across Birmingham. The impact of Covid-19 and the resulting lockdown can be very challenging for many families and charities are seeing an increasing demand for basic resources that many people take for granted, such as food, clothes, toiletries.
We want to do our bit and help by collecting donations of clothes. We know that so many of our families and kids are also keen to help good causes and will have things that they could donate to help others in need across our city.
All donated clothing must be:
Washed and clean – we do not have the facilities to wash clothing at the sorting site so please make sure they are ready to be used.
Placed in bags/boxes – if they contain all one size/gender please mark this on the bag to help our staff and volunteers sort donations quickly to meet demand.
Excellent condition – we really appreciate your support to help those in need. As we do not have recycling facilities at the sorting site, unfortunately we cannot make use of poor quality clothes so would be grateful if you did not include these in your donation.
Help us distribute or donate clothing
We are asking that organisations and groups who would like to get behind this initiative get in touch with us to talk about how we can co-ordinate efforts such as clothes collections and distributions. Organisations will be able to drop collected items at Aston Villa on Wednesdays or Thursdays at a designated time. For individuals or organisations wishing to donate or distribute, please get in touch through the form below.
Type of clothing required
The following items are needed:
- Babies and children’s clothing
- Young people’s clothing
- Women’s clothing, including bras
- Men’s clothing
- Footwear in excellent condition
- New, unused underwear
The following items are not needed:
- Used underwear
- Make up
- Jewellery and accessories
- Formal or evening wear
- Household items
How you can help
- Co-ordinate clothes collections, distributions and donations- especially for children’s clothes that are in excellent/nearly new condition
- Please keep shoes and clothes separate in different bags/boxes where possible
- Ensure that the clothes coming to us are clean and ready to go out – we really value your support on this one
What don’t we want?
- We’re really grateful for your donations but unfortunately do not have the facilities to make use of, or recycle, items that are dirty, stained, or worn out.
We want these donations of clothes to help lift individuals, families’, and children’s spirits, so please bear this in mind when selecting suitable items to donate.
- We are relying on volunteers to help sort donations and efficiently distribute to those in need- so appreciate your support in donating clean, good quality items that are ready to be enjoyed by someone else.
Please donate to:
The Aston Villa Foundation, Trinity Rd, Birmingham B6 6HE